Throughout Years 7-12 we educate our students about goal setting and reflect on achievements to plan new learning goals for the future.
Our Future Pathways Officer provides support, guidance and advice to students regarding work placement, university course possibilities and opportunities for traineeships. Our HSC Learning Coaches also provide motivation and encourage students to have high aspirations.
At Penola our students have the opportunity to speak to our experienced Careers Advisor. Students are supported and guided as they gather information about Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training as well as work opportunities.
Please visit Penola's Careers Portal for more information.
The Future Pathways Officer provides:
- one-to-one interviews
- small group discussions
- presentations at Open Evenings such as subject selection for HSC evening
- presentations at Planning for my Future Program for Year 10 students
- working in partnership with Universities to deliver programs for our students such as University Challenge or Fast Forward
- help with resume writing, job seeking and interview skills
- support with the UAC process
- guidance on university scholarship applications
- information on university alternative entry schemes
- assistance with preparation for Apprenticeships and Traineeships